(left) A newly constructed Portable Farms® Aquaponics System
prior to planting or installing the fish in the fish tanks.
(right) 40 days after the seedlings were planted in the Grow Tables
and the fish were installed in the fish tanks.
If video is not visible, please UNBLOCK your browser to allow YouTube to play.
View a 2-minute video clip of the interior of 16 x 33′ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems – This small 16 x 33′ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (in above video) feeds ten people the table vegetables and protein (tilapia) the food they need for optimal health – forever in 528 sq ft total space and 264 square ft grow space. This YouTube video has been viewed more than 66,366 times.
- One acre of land can accommodate 120 Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems.
- These modules are installed in four separate greenhouses housing 30 modules each.
- Each module is 5′ wide and 40′ feet long with 200′ of grow table space.
- These 120 modules grow 320,000 vegetables and 92,000 pounds of fish.
- This food will feed 960 people which is enough food for them to remain healthy FOREVER. Plus, it only takes 12 people to operate a full acre.
Note: Aquaponics does not grow wheat, corn, rice, rye, soy or most beans but it does grow most lettuces and table greens such as kale, Swiss chard, bok choi and several blooming plants such as tomatoes, peppers, peas, green beans, cucumbers and peas, and of course, fresh-water-warm-water fish (tilapia or catfish).
We make it easy for you to own a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System.
* To find out what is IN the Portable Farms® Kit and what is NOT in the Portable Farms® Kit , please request the FREE AND INSTANTANEOUS PRICE LIST (second box on top panel on every page of this website).
* Shipping and postage are included to addresses in the US only, BUT for all order outside the US there is a US$140 shipping and handling charge.
* You may pay with PayPal, Major Credit Cards and Wire Transfers.
* If you prefer, you may call us to give us your credit number over the phone: 800-906-0256 OR 800-952-6224. We also accept checks, wire transfers and money orders.
* Most students complete our online aquaponics’ course in about twelve hours.
* Our aquaponics course is online and self-paced. You have one year to complete the course. Many families install a backyard aquaponics system over a weekend assuming they have some basic skills for home repair and have access to repair tools.
Aquaponics is easier and more productive than traditional gardening or agriculture
for growing food year round. It also uses 95% less water.
Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems uses lower levels of electricity
and less labor than any other aquaponics system in the world.
See our images of food commonly grown in a Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems.
Portable Farms® grow most green table vegetables and tank-raised fish, primarily tilapia fish. (image left) Phyllis Davis holding eight heads of kale with 47″ stalks.
We also grow blooming plants such as tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers year round in warm greenhouses with additional grow lights.
Read Six E-books (downloadable) about Aquaponics-Related Topics
Written by Colle and Phyllis Davis,
Inventors, Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems.
- This comprehensive information about commercial aquaponics provides you will all the facts you’ll need to make an informed business decision about commercial aquaponics growing in controlled environment agricultural (CEA).
- We’re also offering TWO FREE BONUSES with the purchase of Commercial Aquaponics GOLD: 1) A formal ten-step strategy business plan template designed specifically for commercial aquaponics growing to present to funders and, 2) PFAS LLC’s Executive Summary showing production and operating costs, profits and best-produce choices to achieve the shortest Return on Investment.
OR, INCLUDE AN AUTOMATIC TRIP VALVE WITH THE SAME BOOK:
Aquaponics’ Grow Tables raise healthy, fresh table vegetables. Portable Farms® Grow Tables never overflow and are now fully automatic.
Aquaponics with Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems
To find out what is IN the Portable Farms® Kit and what is NOT in the Portable Farms® Kit,
please request the FREE AND INSTANTANEOUS PRICE LIST
(second box on top panel on every page of this website).
You may pay with PayPal, Major Credit Cards and Wire Transfers. If you’d prefer, you may call us to give us your credit number over the phone: 800-906-0256 OR 800-952-6224. We also accept checks, wire transfers and money orders.
Shipping and postage are included to addresses in the US only, BUT for all order outside the US there is a US$140 shipping and handling charge.
Most students complete our online aquaponics’ course in about twelve hours. It’s self-paced and you have one year to complete the course. Many families install a backyard aquaponics system over a weekend assuming they have some basic skills for home repair and have access to repair tools.
One module of a Portable Farms Aquaponics System can be sized to feed two people (5’x10′) to eight people (6’x32′). This translates as 25 square feet per adult.
Interior of a 16 x 33′ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems.
SIX SEXY SECRETS For a Successful Aquaponics System
- ALWAYS BE PLANTING. Every time you harvest a plant from your grow table, plant a new one in it’s place. Plant, harvest, plant harvest, repeat.
- PRAY FOR POOP. The fish poop is the precious nutrient stream that delivers the plants their food to grow tall, healthy and green. If your fish are happy, you’ll grow beautiful food. We even sing to our fish when we feed them and they love it. They begin to frenzy when they hear our voices. In fact, they’ll eat fish food out of our hand. They also enjoy consistent water temperatures of 78 degrees F.
- GOOD DAY SUNSHINE. Your plants need a minimum of six hours of direct sunlight. In winter months, we use grow lights to extend the available sunlight for an additional four hours per day.
- NO SMOKING AND NO SMOKERS IN THE GREENHOUSE. All forms of tobacco, smoke, vaping or nicotine will cause Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Cucumber Mosaic Virus and other blooming plant viruses.
- BUGS BE GONE. Since you cannot use pesticides in your aquaponics system (they’ll kill the fish), it’s important to make sure no insects of any kind (including ants) come into the greenhouse.
- WEAR GLOVES when you’re working in the greenhouse. This protects your plants and fish from your germs, pathogens, hand lotion, perfume, etc.
Phyllis Davis, co-inventor of Poratable Farms® Aquaponics Sytems, holding eight heads of kale Each kale stalk ranges in length from 40″ to 47″. This kale was grown in 45 days.
One head of India Mustard, a very mild Asian green used as lettuce. Grown in a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in 42 days.
One head of Bok Choy grown in a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in 48 days. This bok choy weights 12 pounds
Sixteen heads of basil Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in 44 day. Each stalk of this basil averages 37″.
If video is not visible, please UNBLOCK your browser to allow YouTube to play.
Phyllis Davis was awarded Second Prize after presenting Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems to the San Diego Inventors Forum’s Annual Inventors Contest. View 8-minute presentation on YouTube video above (viewed more than 30,500 times).
Aquaponics raises Mozambique tilapia. They are a warm water, fresh water fish.
Aquaponics provides ideal growing conditions for the vegetables and the fish:
- All of their food (nutrients) arrives twice per day of a warm fish effluent (heavy waste was removed).
- Nutrient-rich 80 degree F. water is refreshed and oxygenated a couple of times a day.
- The light levels are always perfect.
- The air circulates to reduce the humidity in the greenhouse.
- The temperature is pleasant and varies a bit so as not to be monotonous to the plants.
- There are no bugs or weeds or poisons in the farms.
- Since the plants have ideal growing conditions, they grow faster than the seed packets say they will.
- The plants are much healthier than ‘dirt-grown plants’ and as a result, they are healthier for you
- The plants require 90 to 95% less water than their dirt-bound relatives.
- The vegetables stay clean and dry at all times. The fish stay wet. 🙂