Warehouse Aquaponics with Portable Farms®? Yes, Here’s How . . .
– by Colle and Phyllis Davis
We cracked the code so you make money faster and easier and with LOWER ELECTRICAL COSTS to increase your ROI for warehouse aquaponics! You’re welcome.
Those huge empty warehouses on the edge of town seem to be begging to be repurposed again in some productive and sustainable way. The enclosed spaces run from tens of thousands to millions of square feet of usable space. There must be some way to turn that empty space into a money maker.
Greenhouse & Warehouse Aquaponics GOLD
This ebook discloses the facts, figures and formulas necessary for successful greenhouse and warehouse aquaponics growing.
The main advantage for using greenhouses is to modify the microclimate and to extend the growing season for a wider variety of crops. The protection from the weather has a huge positive effect on the plant growth and is very cost effective. The main disadvantage, in most cases, is that the greenhouse is being used in the same-old-ways of intensive farming methods that are used in regular growing. The water is applied to the plants and the excess water flows into the ground and is lost forever. Even if watering is done with careful irrigation even drip irrigation systems, the water is lost forever and, in some climates, increases the humidity inside the structure.
How about making this available warehouse space into a huge aquaponics setup using some special grow lights to grow plants? It sounds so reasonable and straightforward. Every week PFAS LLC receives requests from all over the world from those interested in making use of abandoned warehouses in their area. They dream of converting the interior space of warehouses into a high-intensity food production facility to grow, sell and distribute food locally and make lots of money.
Controls pests, diseases and predators (birds, small animals, etc.) from the natural surrounding environments
Protects plants and fish from extreme weather conditions (except for tornado, hurricane or major flooding)
Enables ability to provide shade cloth to protect from too much sun for maximum production
Extends growing season
Provides pleasant, comfortable, quiet work environment for workers
Offers ideal conditions for growing plants and fish
Creates a space for the option of installing Grow Lights above grow trays for year-round maximum growing conditions.\The physical building needs to enclose as much air space as possible to help regulate the temperature. Buildings with taller roofs are much easier to keep cool and interestingly, they are easier to keep warm when using the PFAS Technology
Below is the process that nearly all warehouses must go through in order to be ready for Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems:
- Obtain the use of the building through leasing or purchase or whatever means of legal transfer is required to secure the right to use the space.
- Obtain the necessary permits to make changes to the electrical, HVAC, surface water diversion, sewage hook ups and security systems. This may also require a zoning change.
- Permission from Fish and Wildlife Department in the local jurisdiction.
- Permission from the electrical utility to ‘up the load coverage’ to keep the grow lights on.
- A thorough cleaning. Steam cleaning and even sand blasting walls and floors may be necessary to make the space clean and usable for growing plants and fish.
- Painting all surfaces and using an epoxy coating on the floors.
- Replacing or updating the entire HVAC system.
- Installing an effective grow light system first before installing the aquaponics’ Modules.
Skip to comment form