Become a Backyard Farmer with Portable Farms® Aquaponics System
Phyllis Davis, Co-Inventor of Portable Farms® Aquaponics System.
To see Phyllis Davis and get to know her and see her knowledge and passion for aquaponics, view her 8-minute YouTube Video of her award winning presentation (Second Prize) at an inventors contest in Southern California.
Build a small backyard hobby farm to raise table greens and fresh tank-raised fish.
You can learn everything you need to know about building your own aquaponics system and growing healthy food by taking our FUN and easy-to-follow ONLINE correspondence course.
- Learn how to grow healthy fish and vegetables so you can become increasingly self-sustaining.
- Our 45 years of experience in aquaponics is now available to teach you how to feed your family FOREVER. [Read our History: CLICK HERE] It only takes a few days to learn the areas related to assembling an aquaponics system so you can build your own Portable Farms® Aquaponics System!
- Aquaponics is easier and more productive than organic gardening or traditional agriculture and uses 95% less water. Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems also use less electricity and less labor than any other aquaponics system in the world.
Aquaponics with Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems
- Build, own and operate your own backyard aquaponics system.
- Feed a family of eight year round with one module of Portable Farms® Aquaponics System.
- Start a commercial aquaponics installation by installing twenty to thirty modules and sell the food you grow.
CLICK HERE TO READ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems Online Course© that includes a Portable Farms® Kit.
This 10′ x 16′ greenhouse is large enough to hold one 5′ x 12′ grow table
capable of feeding two people table vegetables FOREVER.
Aquaponics is easier and more productive than organic gardening or traditional agriculture and uses 95% less water. Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems also use less electricity and less labor than any other aquaponics system in the world.
“What will my installation cost me?”
The larger the aquaponics system you build, the better the investment it is because you’re growing more food and saving on food costs at your local market. It’s a true but sad fact that a very small backyard aquaponics system is not the best ‘financial investment,’ but you WILL have a year round supply of the freshest, best tasting and most nutritious food you can buy. Please note: IT’S THE GREENHOUSE THAT IS EXPENSIVE and NOT the aquaponics technology or building materials.
SOLAR POWERED Portable Farms® Aquaponics System
CLICK HERE to read article and view more images of this farm.
This new Portable Farms® Aquaponics System (above) is fully solar powered. This new Portable Farms® Aquaponics System has one grow tray that is 6’x16’ (96 sq ft of grow space) which feeds four people FOREVER.
- We have incorporated all that we have learned into this sleek new state-of-the-art aquaponics system which is an upgraded version of all the systems we have ever designed or built and it is an efficient and beautiful system that is easy-top-operate and FULLY run on one single solar panel (off back left side of photo on outside of lanai).
Five Simple Steps for Becoming a Backyard Portable Farmer
1. How many people do you want to feed? With the Portable Farms® technology you can build a system that will feed as many as 8 people in a space of only 400 sq ft! If you want more Portable Farms® Kits for larger installations, you can purchase those separately. It generally takes 25 square feet of grow tray space to feed one person.
2. Consider your climatic requirements. You’ll need a small greenhouse in an area that gets six hours of sunlight every day. Take into consideration the climatic considerations for your geographic location. Does your area get very hot? Or cold? If so, You may need extra insulation in climatically adapted greenhouse or you may want to add Grow Lights to maintain maximum production year round.
- Enroll and graduate from our online Aquaponics Course and be ready to receive the Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems Kit that comes with the Course. If you’re interested in a backyard or a commercial aquaponics system, you’ll need to take our Course FIRST, and upon satisfactory completion of the course, you’ll receive one Portable Farms Kit to build your own Portable Farms® Aquaponics System. This price for the Course© includes the entire assembly, operations and maintenance course.
4. Determine the best location for your Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in your backyard and install a greenhouse to protect your plants and fish from the weather and bugs in your area. Your location will require good sunlight exposure (6 hours per day, minimum), electrical service and available water.
5. Install your Portable Farms® yourself, or hire someone who can do it for you. Then plant your seeds, put some fish in your fish tank and in 40 days you’ll have lettuces and greens. Easy.