The Real Cost of INDOOR Aquaponics
– by Colle and Phyllis Davis
PFAS LLC HAS NOW MADE INDOOR GROWING AFFORDABLE! We’ve reduced our prices US$625.00!
This article carefully explains indoor growing with aquaponics so you can successfully convert your basement, garage, workshop, spare room, etc. that is currently sitting idle to grow some food and have some fun! This article is not about commercial aquaponics, it is only about utilizing some existing space into a small INDOOR aquaponics system to grow food for you and your family.
Here are the figures everyone wants to know regarding the cost of indoor aquaponics. No matter what size space they have available, they want to know, “What will it cost me to get started?”
The real answer:
- The Aquaponics University Portable Farms Aquaponics Systems Course© is $1,875 and the AU Course includes the PFAS Kit containing the Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems technology.
- The cost of the materials to build one Module that can feed eight people (up to 200 sq ft of grow space) is approximately $1,000 anywhere in the world.
- Full spectrum grow lights to make your plants really happy so you can grow healthy plants (both greens and blooming plants) – about $300.
This is a total of $3,175 plus some labor and adding in cost variances, you will be in the $4,000 range. This cost DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY TYPE OF GREENHOUSE. This quote/information is ONLY for indoor growing spaces.
As of May, 2, 2016, we have lowered our price $625.00.
Enjoy our NEW PRICE for Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems Course©
that includes the Portable Farms® Kit to build one module that feeds eight people.
New reduced price is $1,875.00.
+ $140.00 for shipment of Portable Farms® Kits outside the US. Free Shipping within the US.
Check out with PayPal, click BUY NOW BUTTON ABOVE.
- The numbers above apply to spaces up to about 450 sq ft. Above 450 sq. ft., you will need two Grow Tables and the cost will go up, but not much on a per sq. ft. basis.
- Any space that you utilize will require excellent ventilation and some way to reduce the humidity in the space. In most cold climates, this means you will be venting some the oxygen and humidity into your very dry house or outside your house. Think of it as an added benefit.
- You will probably have to clean and paint the space before you use it. The area needs to be clean.
- The Grow Tables are HEAVY so the floor must be able to support safely 30 lbs per sq foot of dead load.
- Water may be spilled (occasionally) and the floor space must be easy to clean up.
- Square spaces are actually much harder to plan and build than rectangular spaces.
The total cost to you for converting an indoor of 25’ x 12’ or something similar, will be exactly as described above. The cost per square foot will be in the range of $12+ per sq. ft or close.
Here are the basic parameters to determine how to utilize the space:
- Grow Tables are normally 5’ or 6’ wide and up to 40’ long. The most effective way to utilize space is to subtract 6’ from the length of the space to see how long your Grow Table can be and then see how many Grow Tables and aisles you can fit into the space.
- A Module (grow table and fish tank) is 7.5’ or 8.5’ wide, 5’ plus 2.5’ aisle or 6’ wide and 2.5’ aisle plus an outside aisle.
- The formula to use to find number of Modules that will fit into your space = Space width minus 2.5’ divided by 7.5’ or 8.5’ = number of Modules that will fit.
Read Five New Ebooks About Aquaponics-Related Topics
Written by Colle and Phyllis Davis, Inventors, Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems and Published in 2015
For more detailed information about these books: CLICK HERE.
Listen to an important message from Colle Davis, Lead Inventor, Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems
Listen to Phyllis Davis tell you about AQUAPONICS GOLD.
An overview for those considering the option of installing an aquaponics system near their home.
This ebook discloses the facts, figures and formulas necessary for successful greenhouse and warehouse aquaponics growing.