Simplify Life. Eat Well. Live Long and Prosper.
– by Colle and Phyllis Davis
Spring inspires us to throw things away, donate old clothes to worthy causes, wash the windows, move furniture and vacuum underneath the cushions and in general, simplify our lives. We may hate doing it, but we love the results and it makes it happier.
We can make our lives more resilient, less susceptible to shock and more secure relatively easily.
There are a variety of inexpensive ways to enhance our family’s chances of surviving any kind of trauma.
- Start by simplifying your life.
- If you want to be able to weather whatever comes, begin by reducing the opportunities for something to actually go wrong, because you know that eventually something may go wrong.
- Reduce the complexity of your household, protect your income, examine your beliefs to see if they fit your current world and begin to carefully notice how you interact with those around you.
- Make a list of what you want to accomplish in the next six months to help your family through any emergency. This may mean storing a few days’ supply of water, emergency food, some flashlight batteries as well as some plans for charging your mobile phone and laptop. These steps are really simple, consisting of low-cost items that, if you are truly serious, you will rotate out with fresh supplies annually.
- One other item you may want to consider for long term security is building a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System at your location. At least you can eat and if you have a small solar installation you can eat for many, many years to come. The Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems actually delivers a slight excess of everything the plants need, even the light, so every plant always has the perfect conditions for maximum growth. The NEW Enhanced PFAS also has other advantages:
No pesticides are ever used.
Less water use than any other type of commercial growing system available today.
The waste water is a valuable fertilizer that can be used on other crops or sold at a profit.
Waist high work area.
No single point of failure.
No weeding – ever.
Watering is automatic.
No soil or dirt inside the building.
For maximum production/yield, PFAS LLC recommends the following ENHANCEMENTS to a regular PFAS installation:
- The addition of micro-nutrients that include iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium and 53 other vital minerals are supplied with organic FF-Mineral Rock Dust.
- High performance greenhouse coverings that protect from weather extremes.
- Insulation of all walls and roof that do not contribute direct sunlight to the grow trays
- Grow lights capable of providing maximum full spectrum lighting for both greens and blooming plants.
- Inert growing medium for planting seeds
- Trellis installation for maximum vertical growing for blooming plants
- Full monitoring system of all functions within the building that notify operator of any necessary adjustments required
- Low cost fish tank heaters
- Automatic water leveling system for fish tanks.
These controlled-environments-precision-growing-systems are capital intensive on the front end, but they produce income very quickly and continue to produce income over long periods of time with only operational expenses needing to be covered. The ROI on the Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems is only three to five years. Investors really appreciate these advantages and the new ‘farmers’ appreciate the opportunity to reap huge rewards for their efforts.